At a time when an extraordinary rhetoric of hate and intolerance defines our political climate, a narrative of fear towards newcomers threatens to divide us, and the Supreme Court is deadlocked on moving forward President Obama's Executive Actions on immigration, we are deeply moved and lifted up by the story of One Arizona. This is a story of a standout coalition of community partners that is transforming Arizona into a model for Latino civic engagement and political empowerment. Against the heated debate of building more walls along the southern border, One Arizona is a bright light and a reason for hope.
- Multiparty advocacy collaborations should have partnerships that add value beyond money (expertise, resources) Tweet
- Multiparty advocacy collaborations should establish clear accountability mechanisms Tweet
- A coalition can (and should) provide a neutral, safe space for partners to discuss goals, outcomes, and who is doing what Tweet
- Multiparty advocacy collaborations should stay focused on the core mission Tweet
- Multiparty advocacy collaboration members should collect and share data on what is working and what isn't Tweet
- Members should help build the capacity of smaller/younger partners Tweet